Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hello!

If you have found my blog, welcome! This is a new endeavor to record the Children's Programming that I do as a Children's Library Assistant at a small library in Painesville, OH. I have been in my current position for just over a year, and I feel as though I have finally found my true calling in life. Being a librarian is really the only thing I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, so I made the decision to go Graduate School to earn my masters degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) at Kent State University. I have only just begun the program, and I will definitely be taking the slow and steady path towards completing my MLIS, with a goal to finish in the fall semester of 2017. In the meantime, school, work and my two amazing children and husband keep me plenty busy!

Currently, I plan and lead three Young Family story times a week geared towards children ages 18 months to 5 years old to attend with a care giver. I also do one story time a week for school-aged children ages 6-10 years old and one special Saturday program a month geared toward school-aged children grades K-3rd. This blog will be a record of the programming that I plan and execute and a brief account of how each program went (as we who work with children know all too well, things rarely go exactly according to the plan!).

I plan on doing my absolute best to give credit where it is due if I use another resource for my fingerplays, songs, flannel boards, etc., and I will be posting pictures of the books that I use and props that I make. Feel free to use this blog to inspire your creativity if you plan literacy programs for children!

I am looking forward to all the fun that 2014 has in store! Stay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment