Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stop & Go Storytime

This was my first conceptual storytime based on the idea of "stop & go."
It went really well and the kids were very receptive to it!
The books I shared this week were:
 
 
 
For this week's flannel board, I made a simple stop light out of felt and we talked about the colors of a stop light and what the colors mean, what order the colors go, etc.
 

 
We played a marching stop & go game using signs that I made
to hold up saying "stop," "slow," and "go." 
 
 
Other storytime activities included:
Song:  “Stop & Go” freeze dance with scarves
CD Greg & Steve: Shake, Rattle & Rock, #2
Song:Twinkle, twinkle traffic light”
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light, Shining on the corner bright.
Red means stop, green means go, Yellow means you take it slow.
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light, Shining on the corner bright.
Action Rhyme/Song: I’m a Little Pick Up Truck” Tune: I’m a Little Teapot
I’m a little pickup truck shiny and yellow,
When I go out driving
(Pretend to drive)
I’m a very happy fellow.
When the rain comes down
(Flutter fingers downward)
I turn my wipers on (Move arms back and forth)
I splash through puddles, All around the town.
When I see a red light (Hold up red sheet of paper)
I stop on a dime (Stop pretending to drive)
When I see a green light (Hold up green sheet of paper),
I know it’s driving time (Resume driving)
Vroom! Vroom! Beep! Beep!

 
For our craft this week, I borrowed this idea from Storytime Katie,
a stoplight necklace. http://storytimekatie.com/2011/06/13/stop-and-go/



No comments:

Post a Comment