Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shoes on My Feet!

I really LOVED this storytime theme, but mostly because I adore Eric Litwin and Laurie Berkner and I included Pete the Cat and Boots! in our storytime agenda!  It was really a lot of fun!  Books I read this week were:




I sang Pete the Cat LOUDLY and encouraged everyone to join in and of course they did :-)

For my "flannelboard" activites this week I used one traditional felt board, "5 Shoes in the Shoestore" and one not-so-traditional "felt board" using cards.  It went over really well and I am going to have to find other ways to tell stories using picture cards in the future!

Feltboard: Shoe Store
Five pairs of shoes in the shoe store, Mom bought the red ones and now there are four.
Four pairs of shoes, as clean as can be. Dad bought the green ones and now there are three.
Three pairs of shoes, shiny and new. Sister bought the gray ones and now there are two.
Two pairs of shoes, just waiting for fun. Brother bought the blue ones and now there is one.
One pair of shoes as pink as can be, and wouldn’t you know it, that pair is for ME!



Flannel Board: Case of the missing shoe:
I’ve lost my other blue shoe and I ask the kids to help me find it!
Maybe it’s in the washing machine? Nope, those are my shoe of green.
I bet the shoe is under my bed. Nope, that’s only my shoe of red.
Is it behind this box of Jello? Nope, those are my shoes of yellow.
Did I leave it by my brand new light? Nope, those are my shoes of white.
I know, it’s in my school back pack! Nope, that’s only my shoe of black.
Is it behind my bowl of porridge? Nope, those are my shoes of orange.
Is it under this old stuffed clown? Nope, that is my shoe of brown.
Oh where oh where could my blue shoe be? Oh, it was under this book! Silly me!
credit: http://misssarahsstorytime.blogspot.com/2012/01/flannel-friday-two-shoes.html




Movement Song: “Boots” Best of Laurie Berkner Band * play instruments or just stomp around to the song. Use signs of different boots to hold up as the song changes.
Action Rhyme: This is What My Feet Can Do!
This is what my feet can do, feet can do, feet can do. This is what my feet can do, can you do it too?
Let your feet go hop, hop, hop; hop, hop, hop; hop, hop, hop.
Let your feet go hop, hop, hop all around the room.
Make your feet go jump, jump, jump; jump, jump, jump; jump, jump, jump.
Make your feet go jump, jump, jump all around the room.
Can your feet go stomp, stomp, stomp; stomp, stomp, stomp; stomp stomp stomp?
Can your feet go stomp, stomp, stomp all around the room?
Can your feet go tiptoeing, tiptoeing, tiptoeing? Can your feet go tiptoeing all around the room.
Now your feet can sit right down, sit right down, sit right down. Now your feet can sit right down,
Quietly, please. Credit:
http://sunflowerstorytime.com/2013/11/19/shoes/
Song:  Hat, Coat, Pants & Shoes
Sung with the actions of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Go faster and faster and have fun!
And our craft this week was a lace-up cardstock shoe.  The kids colored the shoe, added sticky gems for some pizazz, and then their adult helped them lace the shoe and tie the strings.  Very fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment